20th Annual Table Rock Lake Cleanup!
Saturday, April 4, 2020!!!
Thank you, Table Rock Marina Association, for your continued support as a Main Event Sponsor!
Nearly 900 volunteers helped out with the Table Rock Lake Cleanup in 2018! This year’s stats have added up so far over 700 bags of trash, eight 30-yard dumpsters full on trash and almost 200 tires picked up off the shoreline.
Since 2001 we have removed over 272 tons of trash and recycled almost 4,500 tires from the shorelines of Table Rock Lake. These impressive results are only possible with the support and dedication of volunteers like you!
Our local community and business sponsors help out with the cleanup and help us to be able to coordinate this effort every year! This year our main sponsors of this event were the members of the Table Rock Lake Marina Association who provided the beautiful T-shirts featuring “I Love a Clean Table Rock Lake” for each of our great volunteers! We have heard from many people that trash volumes are lower each year they have worked on the cleanup. The only exceptions to this general trend of reduced trash have been in the major river mouths where trash is washed down during flood and rain events.
Click on the gallery (left) to see our 2018 Shoreline Cleanup Gallery page featuring many of the awesome teams that have worked so hard each year and all year because we all love a clean Table Rock Lake.
Here is how you can volunteer to help keep the lake clean as you enjoy it this summer!
Basic instructions for our annual cleanup volunteers (First Sat. in April each year):
- Select a location you’d like to clean up that is either familiar to you, is where you have seen trash, or is a convenient location to you. We can also help you in selecting a location.
- Pick up your teams’ supplies from our Kimberling City office! We provide trash bags, gloves, snack bars, dumpsters and directions to our team captains to disperse to their volunteers on the day of the clean up. Find a dumpster location here.
- Download the team and trash tracking sheets and help us keep track of all the great work you and others do around the lake!
- Grab some friends, family, neighbors – and hit the shoreline to pick up trash during the event!
- Turn in your Team Sheets to help us track the trash and get a fabulous t-shirt for each person on your team as well as a camping voucher (one per family) for use at any of the Table Rock Lake Corps of Engineers campgrounds for this season!