The 8th Annual Taneycomo Lake Cleanup will be Saturday, September 16th, 2017. To Sponsor
Last year, three 30-yard dumpsters were filled with the help of 109 volunteers! Volunteers were equipped with gloves and trash bags and life jackets. Cleanup teams start at one of three locations; Branson, Rockaway Beach or Forsyth at Empire Park. They begin at around 9am, work for 3 – 4 hours by boat and shoreline and then are served lunch. We offer the really cool Stream Team t-shirts and a big thank you to all our wonderful, hard working volunteers!
This year we anticipate that with the flooding we’ll need to see even more people helping out and should remove many tons of trash off the lake.
How do you join this effort?
- Mark September 16th on your calendar and plan to be at one of the start locations. Plan to bring a friend!
- Choose a location that you’d like to work from: Branson RV Camp Ground, Rockaway Beach Park, Forsyth at Powersite Park.
- Sign up below or you can call or email us to register you and your party (only one of your party needs to sign-up and then let us know how many are coming) so we can bring enough supplies and lunch!
- Bring your boats! We always need boats to help with the cleanup on Lake Taneycomo since most of the shoreline is not walk able.
- Show up at the location of your choice at 9:00am, Saturday, September 17th. Remember to wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Bring your “trash picker” if you have one (we’ll also provide these, but always need more).
Supporters of the Taneycomo Cleanup 2016 include Empire District Electric Company, Bass Pro Shops, Cooper Creek Resort & Campground, Ozarks Environmental Services, Kanakuk Kamps, Missouri Stream Teams, Ride the Ducks, City of Rockaway Beach, City of Branson, Dixie Stampede, Table Rock Asphalt and Construction, Connell Insurance Co., Central Bank of Branson, O’Reilly Auto Parts, White River Valley Electric Cooperative, Lilley’s Landing Resort and Marina, Scotty’s Trout Dock and Marina, Republic Services, Fall Creek Marina, Fat Daddy’s BBQ. Thank you!