Thank you Empire District Electric Company – Our Main Event Sponsor!!
Your support of our community business sponsors supports efforts such as the Lake Taneycomo Shoreline Cleanup and makes these events possible!
To see a full list of community business sponsors, click here!
The 8th Annual Lake Taneycomo Cleanup will be Saturday, September 16th, 2017!
Last year more than 100 volunteers filled three 30-yard dumpsters with trash weighing over 5 tons and picked up 43 tires! Volunteers were equipped with gloves and trash bags and life jackets. Cleanup teams start at one of three locations; Branson, Rockaway Beach or Forsyth at Empire Park. They begin at around 9am, work for 3 – 4 hours by boat and shoreline and then are served lunch. We offer the really cool Stream Team t-shirts and a big thank you to all our wonderful, hard working volunteers!
This year we anticipate that with the flooding we’ll need to see even more people helping out and should remove many tons of trash off the lake.
How do you join this effort?
- Mark September 16th on your calendar and plan to be at one of the start locations. Plan to bring a friend!
- Choose a location that you’d like to work from: Branson RV Camp Ground, Rockaway Beach Park, Forsyth at Powersite Park.
- Sign up below or you can call or email us to register you and your party (only one of your party needs to sign-up and then let us know how many are coming) so we can bring enough supplies and lunch!
- Bring your boats! We always need boats to help with the cleanup on Lake Taneycomo since most of the shoreline is not walk able.
- Show up at the location of your choice at 9:00 a.m., Saturday, September 16th. Remember to wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Bring your “trash picker” if you have one (we’ll also provide these, but always need more).
Supporters of the Taneycomo Cleanup include Empire District Electric Company, Branson Landing, Bass Pro Shops, Lilley’s Landing Resort and Marina, Missouri Stream Team, Clear Water Ozarks, Silver Dollar City, Cooper Creek Resort & Campground, Ozarks Environmental Services, Bear State Bank, Kanakuk Kamps, CoxHealth Systems, Missouri Smallflows Organization, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Table Rock Asphalt & Construction (TRAC), White River Valley Electric Coop, Central Bank of Branson, Republic Services/Allied Waste, Scotty’s Trout Dock, Fall Creek Marina, Fat Daddy’s Family BBQ, and City of Rockaway Beach. Thank you!